COVID-19 - Office Update
We take great pride in providing the best treatment to all our patients. Your safety continues to be our top priority. Be assured that we have been closely following developments in the Coronavirus pandemic.
Please rest assure that we are always here for you if an emergency presents itself. The office will still see patients on an as needed basis, for emergency procedures only. If necessary, please call the office at 630-584-0528, and you will be directed to the doctor on call.
We have been updating the office , office policy and procuring additional personal protective equipment in our commitment to maintain the highest level of safety and infection control we have always provided to our patients and staff.
We will start to see patients soon for restorative procedures and soon after that we will be seeing patients for all procedures.
We ask for your patience as we all navigate through this time. If you have an appointment coming up in the next few weeks, you will be hearing from our office to confirm or reschedule. Any questions can be directed to the office number above, as we will continue to check messages frequently.
We ask for you stay safe and healthy and enjoy the time with your family!
Information on the pandemic is evolving daily. We will continue to monitor and keep you updated as changes occur.
At Steven J Baginski DDS and Associates Ltd., your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we do follow usual universal precautions in our operatories and office. Additionally, every half hour to an hour we wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.